Tuesday, April 19, 2011

15 Month Check Up & Some Pictures


Wow, I can't believe Rachel is 15 (& 1/2) months old already! Time really does fly when you are having fun! Last Thursday, April 14, 2011, Matt and I took Rachel for her 15 month check up. Rach did great and checked out just fine! Both Matt and I commented how nice it was to be at the pediatrician's office for a well visit instead of a sick visit! Rach must have agreed because she was all smiles, happy, and chatty with everyone there!


Rach did have to get a couple shots which she didn't like at all and she did cry but she calmed down really quick once we were able to pick her up. A cute/sad story, after the doctor was done checking Rach the nurse came back in with her shots. When she came in Rach smiled big, waved, and said "HI!". The poor nurse actually looked/felt guilty that this sweet, friendly little girl had no idea what was about to happen. :( The good news is that the doctor said she believes that after these last shots the only one that Rach will be due for at her 18 month check is the MMR and we are actually going to delay that one until her 2 year visit so fingers crossed Rach's 18 month check will be shot free!!!


I'm not sure if we are the only ones that do this, but I guess it's just our "thing", but Matt and I always guess/bet at these appointments what Rach's stats are going to be (height & weight). I'm not sure if it's a Dad thing or just a Matt thing, but Matt always overestimates both!! Now, not to toot my own horn but I did pretty darn good this last time. I guessed Rach was 33.5 inches long, and she is actually 33 inches long. Only off by a half inch! Then I guessed that Rach is 23.7 pounds, and you know what the scale said, 23.74! Oh yeah! (Yes, I take joy in the little things knowing that even though I still carry around a lot of guilt for working and being away from Rachel that at least I do still know my baby pretty well).


Other than the shots it was a great appointment. Rach's ears, nose, and mouth looked great. The doctor told us Rach was getting a fine amount of milk each day, not to stress about the bottle, and that Rach's verbal abilities are well above where a typical 15 month old's are. It was funny, she asked us how many words Rach says and we started listing them, the doctor actually stopped us and said that was great and that they usually only hope for 3-5 at 15 months!


In other news, we had another great weekend. Grandma and Grandpa hung out with Rach Friday night so that Matt and I could have a date night. Matt took Saturday off so we all got to be home and spend the day together Saturday. We took Rach out to breakfast and then hung out at home and worked on cleaning/organizing. Rach also got tooth #11!! It is unreal to me how much she looks like a little girl now instead of a baby! It is so amazing to watch her grow up!


Now for the pictures:



Milk is yummy!



I love my chair!



Super cute, happy girl having fun on a Daddy-Daughter day!


Mommy's two favorite people, the loves of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment