Monday, April 25, 2011

Rachel's 2nd Easter


I can't believe Rachel has already celebrated two Easters! It is amazing to me how much she has changed in just a year. Last Easter she was only 3 months old and was just so tiny, such a precious little baby. This year she is 15 1/2 months old and is still my precious baby, but she just seems so much bigger, so much like a little girl now.


We had a great weekend. I was off on Friday so we all got an extra day together as a family! Matt and I took Rach and Charlie up to Partridge Creek to do some shopping and we bought Rach a couple new pairs of summer shoes. Then we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house and decorated Easter eggs. Rach didn't really decorate but she did like looking at the colors and holding the eggs. Unfortunately she also liked holding an egg in each hand and then hitting them together...a few did get cracked, oops!


Saturday was pretty laid back. We all went to the gym again in the morning (also did this Friday) and then hung out at home until Matt had to go to work. After that Rach and I went grocery shopping. I know I have said it before, but Rach is such a good shopper. She is happy and awesome pretty much the whole time. She did get especially happy when I was getting more apples for us. As I was putting them into the plastic bag she was sitting in the cart kicking her little feet saying, "Apple! Apple! Apple!" with this huge smile on her face! Yep, the girl likes her apples! (An odd note, as much as Rach likes apples, she is not a fan of applesauce. My only guess is that it is a consistency thing.)


Sunday was Easter and we headed back over to Grandma and Grandpa's house after Rach got her Easter basket at home. From us Rach got 2 new coloring books, a new box of crayons, 2 small chocolate bunnies, and 3 pairs of summer Minnie Mouse jammies.


Easter was a great day. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we all had an amazing time. Rachel looked like a little princess angel in her dress (mad props to Matt on this one. I had bought her 4 dresses, yeah that's just how I roll, and we narrowed it down to 2, with me voting for 1 and Matt voting for the 1 she actually wore. Great job Daddy!). Grandma and Grandpa were super generous and spoiled Rach (& us) with not one, but two Easter baskets of goodies. Rach had a blast pulling everything out. She got a new book about puppies, some chocolate, a new princess bath towel, a bunny sippy cup, a bunny t-shirt, and a new summer outfit. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!


After that it was time for the egg hunt. Rach caught on very quickly about finding and picking up the eggs, however she did not want to drop them into her bunny basket. Silly girl just wanted to carry them around with her! So we pretty much just let her. She would carry one in each hand and just walk, and walk, and walk all around the house! She did this Friday too. She hardly sat down at all, even to play with her toys. She just wanted to walk all over. It was adorable but made me feel slightly bad that we don't have a bigger house for her to be able to walk like that at home. (Come on housing market, get better so we can get rid of the condo!) Rach also enjoyed Easter food. She had never had ham before but she certainly liked it at lunch! After her nap we had Grandma's famous bunny cake and Rach loved it, no surprise there!



Overall, Easter was really one of those days that I just wanted to be able to hit the "Pause" button on and freeze us there in time for a bit. Rach was even more adorable than usual, she was so happy and silly and fun. She is at such a great age and it seems like time is just going by so fast! I look at her little face and see this beautiful little girl. She is sweet and affectionate and silly and has a great personality and sense of humor already. I am absolutely amazed by something she does or says each day now (the latest this weekend is saying "Please", so adorable!). She absolutely melts my heart and I feel so unbelievably blessed to have her. Rachel Ann, Mommy loves you so much more than words can say. You fill my heart with more love and my life with more joy than I ever thought was possible.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the dress props baby, she looked so beautiful, she is the best kid in the world!

    ReplyDelete